Tuesday, September 30, 2008

butter anyone....




So after a month of prep including wallpaper removal, hours of putty and sanding, 3 coats of primer and a coat of white paint to get the family room ready at my mothers farm house home (over 100 years old) we finally got to paint it the golden safari tan we picked out. Much to our chagrin.... instead of a nice tan with golden undertones.... we got crayola yellow!!!!! Now folks this is not my first time around the disco when it comes to painting - I have never had a paint turn on me like this glaze did!!!! So today we start back, working to tone it down.... wish us luck! We need this done by THE END OF THE WEEK!!! Pray for us! :)

3 comments:

Mary said...

haha.. ya.. john loves his motorcycle.. and I love riding on it with him.. It's so fun.. we're trying to get as many rides in as possible before the snow comes.. I guess I"ll tell him not to sell it anytime soon.. hah

~H said...

I wish I was there to help! sorry I live so far away! If I didn't I could join in on the crayola party! :) You two are perfessionals... it will look amazing as always! :)

Alyssa said...

Hey there neighbor.... If you need help with colors or glazing you can always call me. Good luck :)
- Alyssa