Ok ladies.. I need some advice. My birthday is comming around the corner and Trav says I can have anything I want this year (since he just bought himself a sniper rifle.) I need some help deciding what would be the best investment because I know this is not going to happen again anytime soon... I figure I have about $400 or so to spend so here's the options I'm thinking about:
1. Bosch Mixer - the compact version is $199 and includes a blender and food processor option, plus the whisks and dough attatchments. It makes about 2 loaves of bread.
2. Wheat grinder - about $150 (I haven't decided the version yet)
3. Larger Bosch mixer - $399 it does 6 loaves of bread. It comes with whisks and dough attatchments. For $50 more you can add the food processor accessory.
4. A Camcorder - I haven't narrowed down which one yet - but I do think it would be nice to capture the kids before they all get to old.
5. A Blendtec Blender - $375 makes icecream, soup, smoothies etc...
I don't know.... I would like to make bread for my family, but I have a bread maker now and never use it... so would the mixer change that? And what else do you use a mixer for, really. Sonja has a blendtec and LOVES it, she makes shakes etc. everyday it seems, but I have a blender that works pretty well... so I don't know. And the camcorder... well how nice of one could I really get for $400? And would I ever remember to bring it, use it etc?
So what do you guys think - I need some wisdom ladies.... :)
(oh, and no old lady jokes ok- birthdays can be hard enough)
6 comments:
My sister has a bosch collecting dust and I never used my bread maker-why make it when you can buy it - is my motto anyway! I would say a camcorder! My kids LOVE to watch the old videos of trips we've taken or even just hanging out around the house! You can see they love to see themselves when they were little! Actually my kids just loves to see themselves period!!!! You can find some great ones online! Happy Happy B-day to you!
Ok, I agree with the above poster because your kids are only little once and are growing every day... you have to capture the memories or else you won't remember. I think it would also be a form of family history.
You could share the kids' video's for years to come. It's a timeless and priceless gift.
Just my humble opinion!
I agree with the other two. A camcorder is the way to go! My two children love to watch videos of when they were little. I enjoy it too! Sometimes I can't believe some of the things I let them do when they were little. Sometime I will post about one of those times.
You know me I am all about the pictures!! That is what Bryan and I really want!! Think about it In a year they'll have a new Bosch... and the mixer will be old school (who needs ice cream everyday anyway?? :) The memories you catch with your family are/will be priceless!! You will all have endless moments sitting around reminiscing together. As the kids get old and you want to bring them back to when they were young you'll have a way to look back on it. :)
CAMCORDER FOR SURE!!
really, really that is what you want. Oh I would use it on a getaway with my husband and I would get pampered at a spa...oh yeah, manicure, pedicure, massage. One great getaway before the baby comes.
thanks ladies... It sure makes it easy when you all agree :0)
Post a Comment