Friday, June 26, 2009

3's a crowd


add 2 more kids grabbing at junk food as we walk past...and well you get the idea

So I went out for my first outing with 3 kids today - grocery shopping. I have to admit, we had an adventure. So once I got both boys packed into a grocery cart shaped like a car and built like a tank, I stacked little Khloe's baby carrier on the cart area and shlepped into the store. After taking out a couple displays I finally got the balance down and thought I was home free...only to have Khloe decide she needed to be fed...that second. So off to the ladies room we went... just me, my purse, a diaper bag, a crying baby, khloe's carrier and two boys in tow...(after fetching Luca - who took off like a bullet as soon as his feet hit the ground) If you ever want to have a good laugh - try nursing in a grocery store... no place to do it but the handicapped stall...ON THE TOILET!! yikes!

So about 15 minutes, and a bag of melted Popsicles later, we finished our shopping and headed to the cashier. Under $200, even while directing a traveling circus I still managed to stay under budget. All-in-all, I'd say I did ok...I'm still standing and my kids are still alive...oh and yes, I did let the nice bagger help me to the car :)

2 comments:

The Andersons said...

oh my gosh. thats NUTS! hhahah i wish i was there to see it. and THAT is why i like to bottle feed. much easier don't you think? hahah

Just Jana said...

You go girl! And I would have been a bawling mess going through the McDonald's drive through on the way home! You have such a great attitude! Plus don't forget Macey's has the free candy at the ckeck out-you can use as a bribe!