Monday, June 8, 2009

The scary stuff....

Well... things have been rough lately, the delivery was pretty violent. After 9+ hours,a few complications and 38 stitches later (4th degree tear - ouch) ... my little angel arrived May 29th at 11:32 at night. She was soo black'n blue. She got stuck (shocking when you're a 9lbs 13 oz preemie) and the Dr. had to pull her, to get her past her shoulders... but her lungs are doing well (an initial concern) and now she is getting over a VERY scary bout with Jaundice.

Khloe's health:
She was in the NICU for 3 days on lights, we came home and she spiked into the critical zone. A very scary moment for us. I had no idea jaundice was as dangerous as it is, so we we're surprised to hear the risks involved with her high billiruben levels. But thank goodness, she has been on lights at home and finally is coming down into manageable levels and doesn't seem to have any side effects. So all in all we're doing pretty good.

My health:
I'm still recovering, but am also on the way down despite a severe infection I got in the NICU ( nice little present) I won't need to be hospitalized (I'm receiving home care) and for those of you who saw the effects of the Toxemia you'll be pleased to know that I have lost a lot of water and am no longer on bed rest as of today! YAY!

2 comments:

Just Jana said...

Soooooo glad everything has turned out well! Sooooooo sorry you had such a hard time! Hope you both continue to recover speedily and no more problems!!!! She is a doll and LOVE the name!!!

Rasmussens said...

She is so beautiful. Congrats! I am so glad to hear that both you and baby are doing better. I guess you will have a great story to tell her someday. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out.